Why it’s important to create multiple INCOME STREAMS
After watching the video above and reading this blog post will you understand why it’s so important to have multiple income streams.
Also you’ll get lots of ideas of things you can do alongside your full time job. Or why not take a risk and leave behind the 9 – 5 work life?
For this video I chatted to Holly Matthews who has starred in Bkyer Grove (I MISS THAT SHOW!) Casualty, Waterloo Road plus much more. Like me, Holly is a Mum and alongside her acting career she also has set up different businesses and created opportunities for herself.
I’m a single Mum, have a house to look after, work in the media, have my own filming business, make a youtube video once a week, blog on three different websites etc
Holly is a Mum of two, is an actress, has a forever living business, blogs, works with different brands, helps other actors
Being a Mum is a FULL TIME Job in itself! SERIOUSLY if we have time to do different things to create multiple income streams SO CAN YOU.
KEY POINTS TO TAKE AWAY
- What do you want from your life? Write down jobs that you can do / create for yourself that can feed in to what you want. YES IT IS A CHALLENGE, requires hard work but you just need to keep thinking about the end goal
- There is nothing wrong with having a 9 -5 job BUT just know that there are other ways to make money AND you can do both!
At 18 I worked full time in the radio industry (so my 9 – 5 job) BUT I also used to host events, write articles in magazines to make another income for myself.
At the time I didn’t realise what I was doing was creating multiple income streams for myself – I just wish I continued doing this when I was so young.
- Be prepared to do part time jobs like being a receptionist, dressing up as a yogurt pot (yes Holly proudly did this!) Save up this money so you always know you have some savings stashed away
- Whatever you want to be in life – create your own opportunities around what you want to be.
Let’s take Holly as an example
She is predominantly an Actress. So she acts in TV shows AND does these things which is related to acting;
– Acting lessons for beginners
– Headshots for Actors. Teamed up with her friend who is a photographer. (It’s always a good idea to team up and collaborate with others)
– Distributor of beauty products (Network marketing)
– Blogger for brands and her own website
YOU NEED TO WRITE DOWN ALL THE THINGS YOU CAN DO AND SEE HOW YOU CAN MAKE EACH SKILL INTO AN INCOME STREAM
MORE WAYS TO MAKE MULTIPLE INCOME STREAMS
- EBAY – Sell your old clothes, books, unused electrical stuff on ebay. You will be surprised the stuff other people will buy from you. I was! Its true what they say ‘One man’s junk is another man’s treasure!’
- PROFESSIONAL EBAYER! – Do you make anything? How about setting up your own ebay shop and selling products?
- START A BLOG – This does require A LOT of dedication, great content and patience. When you get a certain amount of ‘hits’ you can monetise your website.
It may only take you 10 minutes to read this post and watch my video above but it took 2 days to produce, edit, plan etc so just bear that in mind!!
If you didn’t realise how long it can take to put content like this together please write a comment below or like the youtube video – at least then I know you are reading this!!! Love you 🙂
- MAKE YOUR SKILL / PASSION INTO A BUSINESS – I keep banging on about this but I think its so important.
For example you may be an estate agent in the day and you love make up. Why don’t you offer makeovers in the evenings and weekends? I met Ashleigh (pictured below) who was in my Kim Kardashian make up tutorial video. She was a marketing manager and did make up on the side. She then took a make up course, quit her job and is now a full time make up artist.
Do you make extra money in a way we haven’t mentioned – if so drop a comment below. Would love to hear from you.
If you liked this post / video and it helped you in any way please take a second to tweet Holly or myself to let us know!
BELIEVE IN YOURSELF – BELIEVE IN YOUR DREAMS
Veena V xXx